GIRLS IN ICT Day COMPETITION
The National Communications Authority (NCA) in collaboration with the ministry of post, telecom and telecommunications (MPPT) will be hosting a competition as part of the annual celebration of girls in ICT day on April 2020 to empower and encourage girls and young women to embrace careers in the growing field of information and communications technology (“ICT”).
- Girls studying in high school form 1 up to from 3 in the schools chosen to participate in the event
- Girls in university studying in ICT related subjects in one of the universities chosen to participate in the event.
Discus a problem in our society and life’s and apply ICT tools to solve that problem, your application must describe the problem you want to solve, how your solution will solve it by using ICT tools such as:
Each precipitant will be required to submit a filled application form before the deadline 10/04/2020 to qualify for the competition.
Terms and Conditions:
The competition will have 2 phases.
- Each of the chosen University/School will receive 10 competition forms.
- Participants must complete the Girls in ICT Day Competition Form.
- There is a limited number of participants required, so selection will be based on how well your idea is applicable to Somalia’s environment.
- Start date of application: 25/03/2020
- Due Date for Girls In ICT Day Competition Form submission: 05/04/2020.
- The GRILS IN ICT DAY team will work on choosing only 10-5 finalized.
- The chosen participant will be informed via their universities/school offices, and are expected to produce a final product for submission a week before the event.
- At the second day of the conference the special panel will choose the 3 winners.
- Ministry of Posts, Telecom and Technology (MPPT).
- National Communications Authority (NCA).
- SIMAD University.
- Hormuud University.
- Jamhuriya University of Science & Technology (JUST).
- SOSHermann Gmeiner secondary School.
- Moasser school.